Hiring a cleaning service can be one of the first steps to a happy clean home. Some people love to clean, but quite a few others would love to delegate this task to an outside agency. Having a cleaning service come in after hours for brick and mortar businesses is a necessary business expense. Here are a few tips on hiring a cleaning service and questions you should ask before you engage their services.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Cleaning Service
- Do they have liability insurance in case they break something?
- Do they have worker's compensation insurance for their employees? Do they use subcontractors or are they employees of the cleaning service?
- Who will clean my home or business? Is it one person or a team and have they had a criminal background check performed?
- What is the procedure if the work performed isn't satisfactory? Do you have a crew leader check each home and sign off on the work?
- Are you able to clean using organic or natural ingredients if I don't want standard cleaners used in my home?
These are just the starting questions to ask before determining if a cleaning company is right for you. Some cleaning services will offer extra services that you might be interested in that include washing your bedding, cleaning your windows, and even organizing certain areas of your home for you. A basic cleaning typically includes cleaning the kitchen, although not all will do your dirty dishes, the bathroom, vacuuming and dusting the living rooms and bedrooms, plus cleaning all surfaces and floors. Review all of the listed services in their invoice or estimate before work has begun.
When you want specific cleaning tasks done, make sure to communicate with the cleaning service before they begin. A written note works best as well as communicating verbally especially if what you are asking is outside what is normally performed. For instance, if you are having a dinner party, you might want to make have the windows done or have the oven deep cleaned. When the party is over, have them back out to bring your home back together so you can save a bit of your sanity.
Having a cleaning service for your home or business is one of those little things that can make all the difference.